The Death of a Chaco

Saturday, July 10, 2010

7-09-10
I have the saddest story to tell-
Me and MB walked into town to purchase a few items and when we got back my feet were caked with dirt, filthy! I decided to soak/wash my feet and after they were clean I proceeded to wash my chacos. As I was placing my sandals outside to dry I had a vision of something happening to them- I shrugged the thought off and went back inside to read. A few hours later I was heading to the outhouse and as I was passed my sandals on the way out I noticed one of them was missing, I became frantic. I saw a dog nearby and marched in that direction. On my way over I found my chaco, the back strap chewed all the way through. I was pissed. As I picked up my sandal the dog came over and started growling. I waved my sandal at her and shouted, "Bad Dog!" I wanted to hit the dog but thought I shouldn't...I hurried back inside before the dog wanted to chew through me. When I got back inside I started doing some deep breathing and pacing-thoughts of, "What will I do for the next 2 1/2 weeks in Africa?" "I really don't want to start the homeschool trend of tennis shoes and skirts." After a few minutes I collected myself and grabbed for the tape and proceeded to tape the straps together...I don't know how long it will last because of all of the dirt but hopefully it will get me back to the states.
When I told my story to the team they laughed a little too hard in my opinion. I am trying my best to be positive but it has been hard. I'm learning lots out here. Ha!
After the ordeal me and MB made a veggie lasagna with homemade rolls. I have decided that anyone can cook in the states, the real test is cooking in another country. I'm getting better at my baking/cooking skills but the food never looks appealing. I'm all for presentation....at least it taste goods....kinda. Ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP