Orientation in Indiana

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I made it to Indiana yesterday, finally! I was so ready to leave that I didn't shed a tear when saying goodbye. I'm sure I will start crying sometime during the trip but I just feel so at peace about everything, there is no need to become emotional and start worrying. My baby sista came to say goodbye and she couldn't even get out of the car because she was crying so much. I felt terrible. Ugh! I ended up calling her again to make sure she was doing okay, I made her cry again while on the phone, poor baby! I'm gonna miss her and Timpa so much this summer, they are my two youngest siblings and I just spend lots of time with them. I hope people will take time to love on them, they need it.

I was so excited to see my team in person, I wanted to hug Mary Beth right away. My team is awesome-Josh and Mary Beth know how to cook really well and James is my tech dude. Josh loves teasing me and Mary Beth chimes in...great! Ha! James is more reserved, he claims he is the "normal" person on our team. I have been laughing so hard already, I wonder how the rest of the summer will turn out. I am so happy that me and the rest of my team get along. What a relief!


We got a team pic during the internship-don't we look like
a cute family?
(This will be our Christmas card this year. Ha!)

I'm singing for the worship band and that has been such a blessing. Singing, journaling, and praying is how I worship God most intimately. There is something about singing together that draws you into this strong bond-I feel like I've known these individuals my entire life. I love it!
One of the interns did a devotional this morning, he talked about how easy it is to have two lenses which makes it challenging to keep our focus. I knew exactly what he was getting at...one of my lenses is focusing on all these temporal distractions while the other lense is trying to focus in on God. It's hard to focus just on God when I'm meeting so many new people, obtaining more information on my trip, and realizing that I brought so much crap that I'm not sure if I'll be able to pack everything. There are so many thoughts running through my head. Ahh! I want my focus on God and only Him. I need more alone time with Him but it's hard to escape all the insanity!

Hide me in the shadow of your wings..
-Psalm 17:8

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP