T'il I only dwell in Thee

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I should be frantically running around the apartment packing stuff and cleaning but instead I am relaxing and pondering over this next amazing adventure-I'm dying to know what awaits me through this journey.
While I was at my rents house unloading some of my items by brother Stephen and his two friends sat me down and told me they had a list of animals they want me to bring home to them, it made me laugh as I thought about myself accomplishing this task. I will miss these guys and their sense of humor a lot this summer.
Even though I will miss friends and family, ultimately I know God has a plan for me through this trip. My prayer is that God will give me a servant's heart to minister to those who need His love. A quote that I read from George Eldon Ladd, stated, "My concern is not with closed doors; my concern is with the doors that are open which we do not enter." How many doors open for us yet fear and anxiety sets in and we don't walk through that wide open door. What are we missing out on? I have come to terms that I am nothing; I am not someone of extreme worth but I am willing to let God use me as who I am. I know for certain that God has allowed this door of going to Africa to open, there is no way around it. I need to enter it. I want to enter it. I am excited and ready to serve yet there are fears that are creeping in, I pray that these fears will not hold me back from trusting Him completely.


If my heart has one ambition
If my soul one goal to seek
This my solitary vision 'til I only dwell in Thee
That I only dwell in Thee
'Til I only dwell in Thee
                     
                                                               Hymn-Brooke Fraser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP