Functioning...sorta.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nairobi: pic from the car
I am finally rested and feel like I am on the correct time schedule. I didn't realize how much jet-lag would affect me. I was not acting like myself at all but now I am my happy self- Yes!

We have internet the first couple days because we are still in Nairobi with the missionaries. We leave for Maasai-land tomorrow morning. The missionaries just moved into a new home, it is beautiful! It hasn't been too difficult to adjust here yet just because things aren't that different. The food is very similar to Indian cuisine, which I love. The shower has been harder for me to get used to...the water is really low pressure and I'm pretty sure it just doesn't work right. If I lift the shower head above my head it totally stops working, so I sit down while taking a shower and even than the water just drips out. Ha!

Nairobi: Boy selling peanuts in the middle of a busy street.
I am ready to be out in the bush with my team. The missionaries will be two hours away from us in Nairobi, I was worried about this at first but I feel we will learn the most out on our own. We went grocery shopping yesterday and today, we are getting enough stuff for the next two weeks but after that we will be walking to the nearest town (Narok-20min walk) for our groceries. I am so ready for the challenge of being out on our own....or so I think. We were told that there might not be bathrooms everywhere we go so we will have to get used to going behind bushes and such. Also, us girls might have to carry our feminine products after we use them and disgard them at the end of the day. Super gross, I know. I will have to get used to aiming when I go...I'm afraid I will be smelling like urine most of the day-ugh! Lol.

I do wish we had more time to be in the cities and work in the slums...there are so many poor people that it is insane! Fact: Nairobi has 4 million people and the infrastructure should only hold 100,000 people.

Another congested street
I am so happy to serve alongside my team. They are a wonderful bunch. I have had so much fun getting to know each of them and I can't wait to know them even more as we go out on this little adventure.

We need the Spirit in order to live faithfully. But we also need one another as we work out our faith.
-Francis Chan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP