KENYA!

Friday, June 4, 2010

I made it to Kenya! Our first flight was delayed which made us miss our connecting flight to London so we ended up spending the night in DC and left for London the following day. I was upset by the delay but it ended up being good. I was able to explore DC and London with a few other friends, we walked all over in the heat but I saw so much!
Layover in DC: Me and other interns
toured the city before heading to London.
We arrived in Kenya at 6am this morning...they want us to stay awake today so we can adjust to the schedule as fast as possible...I'm a zombie. Seriously. I am so exhausted I don't think I will remember anything today. Ha!
Once we arrived in Kenya our teams split up: 16 stayed in Nairobi, 2 flew to Turkana, and me and my team (4) will be driving out to the Maasai people on Monday. It was sad to say goodbye to the other teams but I know we will all be able to bring back amazing stories from where we'll be serving this summer. I can't wait to hear what God does through each individual.

The team with the host missionary
family-ready to leave for Maasailand.


So far Kenya reminds me a lot of Bolivia, the cars and driving is similar but the poverty seems more evident here. I know my heart will be broken many times this summer.
I'm falling asleep at the computer so I'm gonna end the post. Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP