Home

Friday, June 18, 2010

We are finally back in Ewaso Ng'iro, we spent the past week in Talek working in a medical clinic. We were supposed to help out with water projects this past week but plans changed. I don't mind though, I enjoy the medical scene.

The team plus the medical staff after
our week's work in Talek
The place we stayed at in Talek was challenging. The bathroom was a square hole in the ground-I squatted and aimed. Ha! I am getting more and more used to bucket baths but they are not as nice as showers. I smell out here, big time. My hair is greasy and my face is breaking out with acne, wonderful! Not really. I guess sacrifice has to be made when helping people out but I really like being clean and looking nice. I don't. Oh well. I am so grateful to be back in Ewaso Ng'iro: I have an outhouse with a seat that I can sit on. I have a mirror. I have my own room. I can make my own food instead of eating goat stew every day. Thank goodness for being home!
It was a 2 1/2 hour drive from Talek back to Ewaso Ng'iro, me and MB both felt really sick. The pot-holes did not help us any. We both got sick right when we got home, we slept 10 hours and feel much better.
Today we are spending our time in Narok doing some grocery shopping and catching up with people via internet. It feels good to be on a computer.

This bite ended up staying with me
for the duration of my stay in Kenya,
and is now a nice scar on my leg. Lovely! 
Another bit of information...I was bit by what we think was a Nairobi fly? It left a blister with swelling surrounding it. It feels like I burned myself and has been a little uncomfortable. I have put antibiotic ointment on it but it has done nothing so far. I had one of the Indiana doctors look at it and since it hadn't gone away in the week he ended up giving me antibiotics for it. I've been antibiotics for around 3 days now and it doesn't seem like it is working as well. I hope it will go away soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Follow Me

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP